keskiviikko 18. tammikuuta 2012

Ubud

9.1-13.1 Ubud



Woke up, had brekkie and packed. Jonas drove me and Milka to Jean’s work to get hammocks and we said bye to him. I knew I was gonna say bye to him soon but it came so quickly that luckily I had no time to get emotional :) Which is what always happens if I get attached to someone even slightly – be it a boy I like or a girl I become good friends with. Really doesn’t need a lot for me to make have to hold back my tears. I WEAR MY HEART ON MY SLEEVE – WHAT EVER!



We got Ticket to the Moon -hammocks from Jean for the price of cost ! WTF SO CHEAP. 200 000 rps/per every item we wanted to purchase. I got a king size hammock for my bro’s room (since he’s been talking about getting one now that Vipe is also moving in with us<3) and I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted the double of the kng size for myself. I decided to go with double since it is smaller (for my travels!) and they were available in cuter colors ;) haha. I’ll make my bro swear though that if I need his hammock, he’ll have to lend it to me! :D But yeah. Got them for a really good price 400 000 rps (Jean also threw in a Ticket to the Moon -bag for us) which is really sweet if you compare it to the price you get in Europe. Someone said they cost 40€ in Europe for a _single_ ? Sick.



We started driving to Ubud where I was to meet Jared ! Luckily when we asked ”Permisi, Dima na Ubud?” from a local in the traffic lights, she told us to follow her as she was going that ay anyways ! <3 I was just so happy to sit at the back of the bike and listen to my iPod. Had all these hangover realizations (yeah so.. karma strikes, didn’t have my hangover with everyone yesterday so i’ll just suffer today.. alone..). It was funny, when the woman fianlly pulled over to tell us where we’d have to drive, as she was about to go to the different direction, she told us ”If you want driving license, you come to DenPasar (etc).”  - THAT FUCKING LADY WAS A CIVILIAN POLIVE OFFICER AND I HAD BEEN SITTING ON MILKA’S BIKE THE WHOLE WAY WITHOUT A HELMET : DDDD Gotta love it.



When we finally saw the hotel Jared had booked for us it was 4pm. I was hoping he would be in his room so I could creep in and jump on him! But when I got of the bike and I was talking to the receptionist I turned around and saw someone – ”Sandra?” ”JARED!!!” I ran to hug and kiss Jared and was so happy yet confussed seeing him. Imagine meeting someone in Bali that you’ve seen the last time in Australia 14 months ago?



 

I was so stoked on my hammock that we hung it on one of the chill pads and got in with Jared in it. We just laid there talking and listening to the rain. It was so good.



That night we went to this small restaurant (only three tables!) and had yumm Indonesian food. I had this coconut curry thing, but was a bit dissapointed to find out it was a soup! I had been dreaming of my dad’s Indonesian coconut curry and was a bit bummed to notice i’d be eating another soup :D (I had a soup as an appetizer). Nevertheless it was good :)



The rest of the days went pretty similarly – Chilling and just eating. I felt a bit sick from all the Indonesian food (physically as well as mentally) so after the first night I just ate what Ubud was known for – for all its fucking delicious organic stuff!



My tummy had been feeling a bit off and I was actually getting a bit nauseous when ever I'd order Indonesian (lack of appetite) so I went on this no-Indo -diet and just ate all these delicious organic foods, freshly squeezed juices and healthy teas made from ginger and such. I felt amazing already after a couple days of this diet. :)



One day me an Milka went to see Ketut, you know, from the movie Eat, Pray, Love. It was Milka’s idea and I thought it would be a laugh to go get my palm read (”Sandra, I see no men in your palm – only 16 cats”) but once we got there I changed my mind. A poster of eat, pray, love, tourists and A WAITING NUMBER ?? How much touristier can it get. It was no suprise for me that it owuld be touristy, but when I heard the price (250 000 rps ?!?!) I told myself ”hell no”. I had a good time listening to Milka’s palm reading though (”veeery veery pretty”) although it seemed very superficial in my opinion and also like Ketut would have dementia (he kept repeating and asking a lot of the same questions). However, it was an experience (for Milka) and Ketut seemed like a sympathetic, cute old man who was missing most of his teeth.



I also went to the clinic because my burn on my leg had torn open and I had a hard time walking because it felt so nasty. Got all these cool pills (antibiotics and pain killers) and bandades and all this shit and I got told I had a second degree burn. Guess i’ll really have this Balinese Tattoo as a souvenier...



That first night that I was supposed to clean my burn with this liquid and put antiseptic cream on it, I just couldn't do it. I was so disgusted :D Instead I had a couple sips of the whisky Etcha and Paolo had given me, and let Jared do the honors!



Milka left to climb the volcano (UNFAIR i wanted to do that too ;/) and I stayed with Jared in Ubud. Jared was a babe and one day he bought as both massages! It was sooo good. Managed to drift to asleep at least seven times in that session :)

(Sorry for the possible sudden loss of appetite guys!)




  Yay! it's healing!

On the last morning that we left, I woke up with a massive hangover (kids, don’ rage drink Bintang on an empty stomach) and was GLAD to know I had heavy painkillers in my Toya Clinic –bag.
Late night drunken munchiez - gotta love Padang Food <3 (Note how i'm enjoying ;D)

As I was packing with this massive head ache, Jared went to pay for the room and when he came back, he has bought me a bracelet with thre turtles on it.. Aww! I had told him jockingly I wanted a bracelet from him so I could remember him (”because you are so forgetable”) but I had totally not seen it coming :D Thanks Jared <3



We got a taxi which drove Jared to the airport (”See you somewhere in the World”) and me to Canggu...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti