lauantai 14. tammikuuta 2012

Rocky Road to Canggu

6.1.2012 Leaving Balangan Beach to Canggu



I was eating some lunch at Flowerbud when Jonas called me. Five minutes later I was running down the rocky hill without any shoes back to my beach shack and screaming ”Milka ! Milka ! YOU ARE COMING TO CANGGU WITH ME!!!”.

Milka, the Finnish girl whom I had met the night before (she was my next door neighbour) with whom I hadn’t talked that much with though, didn’t need a lot of persuasion when I mentioned that there were 5 guys in Canggu (and one was mine!) and that they were living in a villa :D

We packed everything really quickly and wondered how the fuck we would make it to Canggu with two girls, two backpacks and two heavy bags and only one scooter. Not to mention that neither of us had a drivers license and I didn’t have a helmet. Recipe for destruction much?

And man was our journey hard and long and full of obstacles. When we were climbing up the hill to reach the bike with Milka and Maja, this Swedish girl who was helping us, Maja asked me ”don’t you have shoes Sandra?” – As I was walking without any shoes – ”Nah, fuck shoes” – Just then I could feel my big toe sink in the dirt and hit something sharp. When I lifted my leg up, my whole foot was soon in blood. Fuu.

Luckily Atcha nd Paolo had given me a bottle of whisky (they don’t drink and had only used it to clean a wound) and I just took it out of my bag’s side pocket, disinfected my cut and put a bandade on.



The next obstacle came when we were getting on the bike and Maja noted that our back tyre was completely flat. We drove out of the gate and decided with Milka that I should just stay at the gates next the security guard booth with our bags while Milka would go and change the tyre. MAN that was the longest of waits. I’m super impatient already and if I know that there’s a nice guy waiting for me in Canggu, then its gonna be the longest 45 minutes ever :D The worst was that I had no idea what Milka was doing and where she was so I had no idea how much longer I would have to still wait talking small talk with the guards while feeling all nauseous from eating too much noodles in the past 2,5 weeks.

I was sooo esctatic when I saw Milka’s pink motor bike helmet approaching ! ”I’M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU THAT I COULD KISS YOU!”  And of we went with out rain ponchos fluttering in the air. I had been a bit anxious whether Milka would come back telling me it was too late to drive to Canggu, since the sun was setting, but luckily the case wasn't so <3

What would normally be a 40 minute drive took us two hours (plus switching the tyre -episode) thanks to the rain, traffic and numerous times we drove around in the dark around Canggu, looking for ”Canggu Deli” or ”Deus”. Jonas also had a hard time telling us on the phone where to go and also the reception as pretty shit on my phone. On top of that Jonas had to leave soon to Denpasar to see his school’s secretary so we were in a hurry.

When we FINALLY found Deus and saw Jonas waiting for us in front of it I could’nt have been more relieved and happy (I seriously thought there would be no way we would make it to he guys’ place that night in that darkness).  We first chucked my stuff in the place where Jonas was staying; at a villa his french mate Jean was taking care of (it was owned my Jean’s friend). Then we drove to the villa Jeff was babysitting for this ex-FBI agent (no kidding, he’s this guy that has written these books about his carrier).

When Jonas and Mortitz (along with Jojo and Flo who had gone to sleep at their homestay) returned,  they told us they would have no worry at being at the top 5% of their class (which their uni in Germany demanded for them to get their courses from Indonesia accepted) – if you know what I mean ;) wine, dine and a bit of money is how to roll in Indonesia.

ps. LOVE LOVE LOVE people like Milka who are spontaneous, don't over think stuff and go with the flow <3 Life is all about people who act, not just talk.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti