keskiviikko 18. tammikuuta 2012

Ticket to the Moon

7.1 Berawa (Canggu)



Although I had had a shitty sleep due to Jonas’ snoring (seriously thought of sleeping on the couch at one point) I was happy to wake beside him. We were staying at Jean’s, Jonas’ french friend’s villa, which he was babysitting for his friend. When we finally got up I was a bit nervous to meet him because I kinda felt like an intruder in his house. Jonas and Jean were in full speed talking French when I came to say hi. Jean said hi and jus stared at me with this evil stare and smile and I was kind of confused what to say :D A week later on he told me with a snark that at first I wasn’t welcomed but now he would greet me with open arms. :D Gotta love Jean. I love it how he was just so French.. He would always look at you with this arrogant look on his face and say ”Uhalalaa” all the time :D Also his sarcastic and sometimes ”mean” French humor has to be mentioned when talking about him. BUT he is a really sweet guy and I really learned to like him :)



We went to Warung Satya with Jonas’ where all the rest of the Germans (Moritz, Flo, Jojo) and Jeff along with Milka where waiting for us. It was he spot where they all ate breakfast (and sometimes lunch/dinner) every day. Jeff had been eating there for a while, but a month ago when he really started hanging out with the Germans he also introduced them to the place.
 THE dress - and probably the worst picture to get the real feel of the dress!

After brekkie me and Jonas went shopping :D I just felt so happy sitting at the back of his scooter and even more when we went to the stores and I had to judge the clothes he was buying :D We were actually buying t-shirt for his brtoher but everything he put on looked so damn good on him that I insisted he should get in a size they both could wear :D I might’ve also gone a bit crazy in Seminyak... It’s full of boutiques so all the clothes are pretty unique and cool. So I see this lovely dress in the window and so we enter the shop called ”Somewhere”. I manage to continue this madness of a spending and bought a 800 000 rps dress.. hell-oh... day budget x 4.... :D I just had to buy it... It was just so me.. the crazy colors, lovely silhouette & cut and the way the dress screams ”LOOK AT ME” :D Also.. there might’ve been the Jonas-factor. When I called him to see what he thought of the dress, his eyes went O_O and he just went ”WOW” as he stepped from behind the corner... Sooo. You know... I just had to buy the dress.



After shopping we went to try to sell JoJo's board and fetch Jonas’ board bag that they had made for him. Man... Under 60€ for a custom made board bag (that fits 3 boards)?? I want one ! We bumped into Eddie, this Aussie guy who works and surfs in Simbawa, the island next to Lombok. He tagged along when we went to meet Jean for lunch at this Indian restaurant. All was well before I had to get up from the scooter. As Jonas got up, the board bag’s weight shifted me and my calve hit the steaming hot engine... I can tell you, it hurt. Because of what Carlos had told and showed me from his burn on his leg, I had been watching out the whole day of not touching my leg on the side of the scooter because I knew what would happen and I could also feel the heat. But still, I wasn’t fortunate enough not to get a Balinese Kiss. Or a Balinese Tattoo, like one would also say. Oh well ! At least now I have a memory of Bali and Jonas haha : D



Because of my burn I couldn’t surf Serangan. DAMN: when the waves actually looked like I could perhaps handle them ! Unlike that one time I nearly drowned... It was just me and Milka sitting on the beach and taking photos, talking about stuff (men). It was good to be a surffileski when for once you could actually tell where the guy you were supposed to follow was at (hooray for light blue shorts and a pink/light blue fish tail :D).



After Serangan me and Jonas left to get changed at his (well Jean’s) place. When we were driving the bumpy dirt road away from Serangan we were talking so much that we nearly had an accident ! We were only a meter away from the barrier before Jonas hit the breaks. Fuckk :D So close. A lot of laughter and the journey continued.



We got changed and all that and headed to the Jeff’s villa (or well, the villa he was babysitting) to meet the other guys (jeff+germans+milka+eddie+jean) for drinks since we were going out. Had a good time drinking beer although Jean was putting me through some kind of test buy making me open the beer bottle with a ligher. I was pretty confident I could pull it, since I had done it a couple of times in high school (oh, all that beer drinking...!), but fuck. I. JUST. COULDN’T.



Jean was just being all so french with his french humor ”oh Sandra, you DISAPPOINT ME, can not even open a beer bottle – should just kill yourself” *in a french accent that you can not really take seriously :D* At the same time all the guys were offering their help to me, but being to stubborn and to proud I announced I wanted to do it myself! Finally when Jonas’ gave me some advice I got that stupid Bintang open – JUST WHEN JEAN WASN’T LOOKING – He accused me of cheating :D



I may or may not have told you this, but Jean is the director in Bali of Ticket to the Moon, this company that makes mainly hammocks. So of course all the boys had hammocks from him (only for the cost of production) and there was at least one laying around every time. Jonas and Jean grabbed a hammock and decided to hang it above the pool from the trees that were beside the pool. I was sure the hammock would swing around (or the trees collapse/rope slide down) but amazingly it held Jonas and Jean ! Jean insisted for me to climb in and so I did – pretty afraid of falling in the pool and getting my dress wet. We got some ”promotional photos” for Ticket to the Moon haha :D



The guys also went a bit crazy and started hanging from two towels that Jeff had set for himself to do chin-ups with. I seriously thought someone would fall down and break their neck ! Luckily this didn’t happen. After enough Bintangs we got on the bikes with the idea to drive to Kuta. Just as we were about to leave Eddie drove into the fuckign ditch : D WTF. We hadn’t even left !!! Good fuckign start for drunk driving (which I DO NOT SUPPORT – by the way – It’s just that ”While in Rome” and besides,  there was no other way of getting back and to Kuta). We drove to Kuta and although I was a bit afraid (seems like that’s what I’ve only been doing the whole night) I truested Jonas to get us there safe. I as just so happy to not be sitting at the back of Jean’s bike because he drives like a fucking mad man :D



We went to Green Room, that was just beside the hotel me and Jasmine had been staying at. Never ever have I done so many shots in my lie in such a short time. I probably had 6 shots in only 15 minutes... Jonas or one of the guys would order us a tray of shots (40) and we’d just chug ’em and cheers to everything (christmas, new years, my b-day, jojo, etc). Thank gos Balinese shots are pretty mild (20%) unless if you get the good (fucking expensive) stuff.

We headed to Eikon to dance and had a good time. Danced Danced Danced. Really loved dancing with Jonas. He knows what he’s doing :) I had been worrying the whole night how the fuck we would get back home in one piece and my concearn just increased the more drunk I saw Joans getting (last night of drinking hey..). Thank god he just threw that tequila shot Eddie bought for us three over his shoulder :D Guess I had some good karma and luck when we managed to make it home safely with that amount of alcohol and all that heavy rain... But seriously kids, don’t play with your lives. Think of all the things you have to loose and wieight it with what you can gain. I don’t support drunk driving at all although I did get on that bike. Kinda feels hypocritical to to say and do the other but.. what’s done is done and i’m glad I came out of it alive (and on top of that it was a fairly fun night) :)
Top row: Jeff, me, Jonas, Jean, Eddie, Jojo -  Bottom row: Flo, Moritz, Milka



Some of the photos taken by Milka Koskela!

2 kommenttia: