lauantai 11. joulukuuta 2010

ROAD TRIP: Day 5 - Somewhere in the Out Back

Yes, I did get fat, a bit. Beer belly

We left Port Augusta some time during 9 AM without taking a shower. There's not always a chance for one. But that's part of road triping. At one point two Emus ran across the road: thank god Melanie, or who ever was driving the car at the time, had fast reaction skills and slowed down for the birds to get across. I had three leftover beers so I drank them over the course of driving which was like 9 hours or what not. Had an DNM with Dom again. He read me his journal. I really love his way to write. It's so fucking hilarious and witty. Raw truth feat funny az drunken stories. Goon with the wind. So epic. Always cracks me up. But he also has some pretty deep stuff in there too. I like the way he thinks. He's quite free. I actually told him half jokingly I'd love to take a photocopy of one of his entries that he read to me just because I thought it was so marvelous. So true. And he actually ended up writing that entry on my computer ! I asked whether I can post it online on my blog as a quote kind of, and he agreed. So I'll post that here some time soon.



Anyways, we had lunch at a pit stop once again. We had some leftovers from wraps so we just mixed all the ingredients together and made this rice-minced meat-tomato-onion -thingy. It was delish. While Melanie was making lunch for herself, since she is a vegetarian, we took photos with Dom laying in the middle of the road and doing random jumps. Laura also joined and I got this idea to use the mud from the dirt road to do us some facepainting. Succeeded in making our own Abo-paintings before Laura and me attacked Dom with lepard printed mud staines. Funny az! You get so creative and random on these road trips..
After lunch we stopped at Coober Pedy this underground town that we wanted to check out. But since the info centre was already closed (at 4pm?? come on) we just decided to bail cause the town was giving us the creeps.



We stopped at some random town to stock up on booze. Me and Dom went for the goon, since we are broke, and Laura and Melanie went for beers. It was time to switch seets and while Dom was driving and I was being the DJ, Laura and Melanie were sitting back getting drunk with sombrero hats and scrafs on their heads.  This night turned out to be awesome. We pulled over at this pit stop place and decided to camp there. It was so beautiful. We were litterally in the middle of no where in the Out Back, just 5 K's away from Marla. The sky was blue and cloudless and the sun was high. The red dirt was a nice contrast to all this and the bush looked pretty nice and green.



But yes, we did get absolutely smashed. We ended up finnishing the cask of goon with Dom and on top of that I had beers. The girls drank all their beers. We were at the pit stop alone blasting some good az house music before two germans came there to camp also. Melanie mistaked them as a couple when actually they were mom and son. So hilarious. We were too drunk and lazy and unfunctional to make food, so we ended up skipping dinner. Apparently the German though made Mel and Dom dinner. Nice. Good Karma hey. An actual couple pulled over too. They had a big ass motor home and also a kitten! Me and Lauta were drunkenly patting the kitten and the woman's baby bump. How random..



The night ended up being so hectic. Laura throwing up, us having dramatic conversations and rules being drawn. crying over mini-holiday-romances. Melanie getting upset about always having to be the responsible one, driving the first shift. Dom just being drunk and throwing precious gas to make a bigger fire. Melanie asks for keys to change music -> drunkenly decides to move the car, realizez what she is doing and stops after a meter :D Loosing the keys. Too drunk to remember / figure out how to make the bed. Waking up: why the fuck are we sleeping this way? where the fuck are the keys, where are my flip flops, why are all our bags outside the car? everything covered in red dirt. Good night.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti