sunnuntai 12. joulukuuta 2010

ROAD TRIP: Day 6 - Uluru


So yes, we are having the WTF-moment with Melanie. Why are we sleeping this way Melanie? Oh, the bed isn't done properly.. Guess we were too drunk to remember or realize how to do it.. oh well. Hmm interesting.. All our bags our outside, instead of being on the front seat, laying like a tornado swept through our camp.. Everything covered in red dirt. HMM. Hey wait a mnute guys... Do you know were the keys are??? Hahahahaa wtf we've lost the keys :D:D:D:D:D: Hey... how about my flip flops...?




We did finally find the keys in the bottle holder, victory. We packed the car and drove 5 K to Marla. Apparently we were speeding cause the counter lady got really mad at us.
"If you don't know how to read our speed limits, you shouldn't be driving on our roads."
"Well what is the speed limit?"
"Go and see"


She actually disliked us so much that she wouldn't tell us where the showers were unless we paid her $4. FOUR BUCKS FOR INFORMATION? Fuck that. So we just got $1.70/litre costing gas (DEATH) and drove away.



We stopped at Kulgara to have a shower and make lunch. Couldn't solve my dread locks.. oh well, gu ess i'll have to cut my hair. Damn blonde-, sun bleached, wrecked hair. After lunch we had a silly moment of getting chairs and sun tanning in them. We must've looked like a bunch of idiots :D We had a god chat and time with the four of us just remenacing about how things used to be in elemantary school. Walkmans, liking someone, relationships, drama etc.



Dom as driving and I was sitting in front doing my DJ-job. It was so hot that I figured having a mini water fight with Dom in the car wouldn't hurt. On the road trip you also get very bored or/and creative: I got Laura's sharpie out and tattooed Dom with spiders, llamas, DTF and "Honk if you are horny". oh boy.



Oh yeaaa ALMOST FORGOT ! Dom taught me to drive ! The girls in the back were scared and so was I. Only drove for about 7 minutes but managed to go with the speed of 110 so that was pretty descent. We changed the driver and stopped for more gad. $1.80/Litre...DEATH. Took a picture of Emus and almost burned my feet from the hot tarmac.



The cops pulled us over and thank god I wasn't driving (I won't be doing that anymore btw), you know, not havign a license and all... Dom blew a zero and we contined. We stopped at Curtis Springs and saw a funny sign: "SEX. Know that I have your attention: No Shirt, No Service." Dom went back to the car to get a shirt. We bought deathly expensive goon $25/cask. Changed the seating order and drank goon with Dom in the back of the car. Hahaa revenge Laura and Melanie! Getting tipsy in 30 minutes and realizing I should probably eat something unless I want to be absolutely trashed my face before sun down.. Laura decides to join our gooning. Finally getting to uluru which was pretty humangous and beautiful. I never dreamed I'd enjoy the Out Back so much. I didn't have any expectations (well ok, I thought it would suck) but here I am, having the time of my life surrounded by amazingly aweing scenery. On of the highlights of my whole Australia trip. I'm glad I'm here. You other backpackers, who only decide to do the beaten track of the East side, are missing out on life! Anyway, we chatted with some Aussies from Sydney and ate a random dinner to not get drunk. Watched the sunset.


We thought that was Uluru, but it wasn't

We talked about Armageddon. Dom, Laura and Mel were freaking me out. It really made me think: what if the Mayans are right? What if the world does end in 2012? Should I just post-pone going to uni till 2013 so I  can actually do the stuff I want to, just in case the world decides to demolish itself on the 21st of Dec 2012? Fuck, so much stuff i have to figure out. Also, IF i decide that the world isn't going to blackout, which uni will i apply to? which country do i want to live in? so much to figure out man..
We left to get more goon. The closest bottle-O is in 250 K ? No way.It's probably closed anyways. We go to a bar to get take away booze (oddly it's allowed here with all the dry zone rules and what not) but SRSLY, $60 (SIXTY BUCKS!!!) for a 6-pack ?????????? ARE YOU JOKING`? Helllll no. No more booze then. Meh, that's okay.


We drive to some pit stop to camp and meet another group of Aussies. We stay there until the ranger comes and tells us we are still in the national park where we are not allowed to camp, so we leave to another pit stop. We find a group of stoned Germans who are listening to Bob Marley and munching on Milo powder.. haha :D

Long boarding in the moonlight, laying in the middle of the road and watching stars with pillows behind our heads. good fun. The four of us having such a good time. Laura telling us about her weird owl with a sombrero that she formed from the stars. Dom teaching us about physics and shit. How the universe was formed and stars and all that stuff. Everyone enjoying themselves and asking weird questions about life.



Going to bed at 1, get to sleep at 2:30. So dehydrated. How fucked up is it: four of us and only a 0,5l bottle of water left. The only liquid we have. Wake up after 1-2 hours of sleep at 3:30 AM to pack up van and drive to see the sunrise....

Watching stars and discussing Life

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti