perjantai 24. joulukuuta 2010

Christmas Eve Aussie Style

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAD MACCAS FOR X-MAS.


Maccas= McDonalds


So yeah. I wake up, drunk. Thanks for last nights clubbing. I don't think it's even 11 o'clock, but the boys are already cracking beers. It is Christmas eve after all! They offer me one but I declined insisting on having to eat first. After all I am drunk already, and I would like the sober up and fill my tummy with something before I start smashing beers and getting drunk again.


Mitch n Laura sunbathing

Mitch made me a vegemite roll as we were sun tanning in their lovely (beer bottle glass filled) backyard. I don't know why would would call a sämpylä a breadroll, but that's how they roll.. Although I don't find vegemite very pleasant, I've been eating a lot of shit, I usually don't, on this trip. Such as cheese. I HATE cheese (the one you put on your sandwich, the rest is fine as long as it's not goat cheese brrrr.) And I hate to admit, that I've been eating it here a lot. Even sandwiches with only cheese, tomato and sweet chili sauce. Shocking, I know. I will put end to this madness when I return home. We are backpacking after all, so you can't be picky (KRHM LAURA.........).



We get ourselves ready and me, Laura and Mitch hop in Steve's car. We drive to McDonald's (aka Maccas) and I get my well beloved breakfast which btw, was the worst two McDoubles I've EVER had. I crack a can of VB open and the day may begin! We drive to Steve's parent's house and get his dad to drive us to the beer garden. That was nice of him, since Steve's always the sober one that has to be the drunk driver. Good for him to get a day off. :) So we get to this beer garden and it's PACKED. Everyone was there: Emma, Abigail, Robbie, his girlfirend Nicole, Choppa, Nick, Mitch, Steve, Darren, Laura and a bunch of other people. The guys get a jugg and when I have my first glass, it hits me. EXHAUSTION. I really don't feel like sitting here atm. Just wanna go home and sleep. My body feels like it's dying. E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-O-N. I don't know what to do with myself, so I go to the store with Laura to buy sun screen since the sun was up and about.




We had to walk to four different gas stations before we found sunscreen. Although I had sworn myself not to, I bought an energy drink (have been doing that too much lately). I was sure it would make me feel even worse but I was wrong ! After the 30 minute walk and a can of Mother, I was in full power again! Juggs, juggs, juggs, juggs, juggs. Had a blast.

Robbie's gf  Nicole, me, Mitch and Emma


By evening time I was smashed. Also the stupid security guard noticed my swaying and was about to come throw me out before my knight in white, Choppa, rescued me. Fucking hate Australian copps, bouncers and security guards. They are sooo ridiculous here. If you are buzzed, you can't get in at a club (back home you can almost crawl into a club and get in), the copps will snatch any open alcohol containers off of you if you are in public. And what was this security guards problem? Sure I was drunk, I admit, but it's not like i'm gonna cause any trouble? After all I was only standing on the dancefloor with my mates (and swaying). So stupid.


Mitch, Choppa, Steve & Laura


After this incident I entertained myself by telling some Aussies i'm from Zimbawe. They believed it. I wish I wasn't so drunk that I could remember the whole convo, cause let me tell you. I was on fire. I was telling them all about our Zimbawian Christmas traditions in full detail and describing how it felt so amazing to be in a culture so different. Man, I was trying my best not to laugh :D I can't believe they bought my whole bullshit story :D "I've never met a Zimbawian person".... yeaah. It's nice every once in a while to pretend your someone else. Answering the same questions for the three months gets boring, I tell you. "Where are you from?"


juggggs


After 9 hours of sun and beer, me and LAura decided we had enough and we got some random guy (he was someone's cousin or something) to drop us off home to The Hatch. But before that... Christmas dinner from MACCAS. Mom would be proud.

Nick n me


Laura went straight to bed but I had this drunken urge to skype with everyone. Even the people I never talk to. I remember calling jasmine and interrupting her Christmas dinner which was about to start and rambling nonsence to her. I could barely make words. :D Her family must've had an interesting time listening to that..



Steve and James came home. They had the munchiez and to my luck they had also got Maccas <3 MCNUGGETS. nomnomnonmnom. I watched "Charlie teh unicron" (yes, it's spelt that way) on youtube and I laughed so hard my laptop fell on the floor while I was trying to soothe my long lost hurting stomache muscles... Good night :D

Abigail

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti