lauantai 11. helmikuuta 2012

VIDEO: Balangan Beach - Mansis Beach Shack

I figured, now that I am back home and I'm using our super-speedy appropriatedly named WiFi ("Gringos"), I should upload some of the videos I managed to film. ...before finding out my camera had broken after one crazy Kuta night... You should see the last video I had filmed with it at 1:30am (or not...).


Sorry guys for this is in Finnish...but I think you'll still get the feel of it! (:

This one is from Balangan Beach - an introduction to our humble little home - Mansis beach shack I so fell in love with. I came back to Balangan twice and stayed there each time :) By far the best accommodation of my whole "backpacking carreer" !


I love the simplicity of life and how ascetic everything was in the beach shack. And although no luxuries were present* - except for one electric socket and lamp in each room - they were not slightly missed. All I wanted was to eat Mansis Mie Goreng Special (which was the best of Bali), sleep in the most comfortable bed in the world and walked barefoot. The best thing about the beach shack was falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the waves every morning and night.

I can't even describe the sensation of the sound. It's gotta be one of the best things in the world. You just feel so relaxed. Every morning I would wake up around 5 am (to the sound of the waves), tip toe across the wooden floor to our sea view and just sit quietly and stare at the motion. And be totally mesmerized and hypnozed over the sound.

It's probably one of the things I miss the most in Bali (along the crazy traffic - yeah I know, weird!).
*=excluding our own items e.g. iPods, laptops etc.

3 kommenttia: