torstai 9. helmikuuta 2012

Rock Werchter Line Up

 Picture

I have decided to make Rock Werchter happen. This festival, that gathers all the best rock / electronic music acts together is situated in the small village of Werchter, Belgium and is only a train ride away from the student town Gent. The best festival I have ever been to (musically) is Rock Werchter 2009, without a doubt. It came with no surprise when in that year they also won the "Best line-up of 2009" -award of European festivals, among other credits.
Flow Festival 2009

I actually attended this festival almost completely sober (not counting the couple beers I had one day)  - but yet had the time of my life. It's all in the music and it's the thing that gets you high. I also met someone pretty cool that got me into traveling and made me get off my ass and start doing something with my life (aka traveling) ! Thanks Tom for being such and inspiration :)



I actually made a decision after 2009 that I wouldn't attend the festival anymore, because I didn't want to ruin all the sweet memories I had from that festival... But, what can you do when all your favorite artists and bands are going to Werchter!

Rock Werchter 2009 had the sickest line up (The Prodigy, Coldplay, White Lies, Fleet Foxes, Röyksopp, Lily Allen etc etc etc etc) and I saw 23 of my top bands/artists. This year will be no different by the looks of the first names they've announced. So far, the acts that I wanna see (and note that there are three categories and the first one, "The Acts I am DYING to See!!!" is the one that has influenced the deciding factor of going to this festival!) are...:

The Acts I am DYING to See !!! :


DEADMAU5
Picture

I saw this mastermind last summer in Poland and it was MIND BLOWINGLY GOOD. . Actually so good that me and Edwina might've danced around and sat on random guys shoulders in our bras....

JUSTICE

Picture

Justice among with Deadmau5 are in the top of my Best Gigs -i've seen (and trust me, i've seen many !). I saw this French duo back in the day on 2008 in good ol' Provinssi Rock. Although I was pretty beer-happy, I remember being in shock of how INCREDIBLE Justice was live and dancing hand-in-hand with this reporter from New York! A total must-see again act!!!

KASABIAN

Picture

My ONLY _FAVOURITE_ band I still haven't seen! Oh the tragedy of last summer of not being able to go to T in the Park in Scotland.. I f*ing love love love this band to death and I can only imagine the amount of shivers this band will set down my spine! I better pack a winter coat with me ! ;)

The Acts I would also like to see:


WOLFMOTHER

Picture

I was actually a bit bummed that I didn't see this Stoner Rock band from Sydney in Australia, but oh well, I guess it I am meant to see them this year ;) Everyone from this amazing band split up after the first record - only the singer stayed and assembled a new group of musicians under the same band name. The second album came out but still sounded as good as with the old assembly ;) When ever I listen to their songs I just thing about the days when my n my bro among friends would use to skateboard in the empty pool of this park/kindergarden. Good ol' days.

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

Picture

Just play "Hurricane Drunk" and it takes me back to the crazy summer of 2010... Those were the days.. Haven't really gotten into her new album yet - maybe I should!

KATY B

Picture

I really like the sound of this English lady but although I find some of her tunes brilliantly catchy, other are a bit meh. Oh well, maybe she'll put on some kind of show in Pyramid Marque -tent ;)

Other Acts I also see (but that i'm not that overly stoked about)


SNOW PATROL
Picture

Have you guys noticed how all their songs are about "you" ? I'm intrigued how these guys will perform at A FESTIVAL as their songs moods aren't that uplifting... At least in their older albums - don't know about the newest one.

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

Picture

I saw these guys in Poland in 2007. The gig was held at this huuuuge stadium in Chorzow, near Kraków. The guys had two warm-up acts (The Jet and Mickey Avalon) and after that they put on a 2,5 hours show. It was pretty good although I was a bit disappointed that the only lines Anthony spoke were "Hello Poland. I don't think we've met." Anyway, after since I've lost interest in the band and couldn't name any songs from their new album.
  n Crystal Snow n me  @ Flow 2009

...Anyways guys, i'm STOKED and keeping my fingers crossed everything goes as planned money-wise... (Or you'll be reading 50 000 blog entries about whining) I can't wait to see what other jewels will be joining the ever-so amazing line-up!

PS. it's 5:06 am right now as I've finished editing this (yep, this is a times entry)... Shouldn't have drank that energy drink half past ten in the evening! oh well, at least i'm doing something useful...

1 kommentti: