keskiviikko 19. tammikuuta 2011

Surfing & Arabic Vocabulary



Although on the first day of surf (after my sun got light up in small dots of sun rash) I felt like considering to do what Sayeed was saying in moving down on board sizes slowly towards my board's size, on the second day I had a totally new mentality. Although It's a hard to learn how to surf on mine, since it's only 6"8, I put myself out there. I felt like although it's gonna be tough, I can do it. And in the end, it'll be worth it.

The Slab


So for two thirds of the day I tried to proceed in learning my board, but at the end of the day, when Chris wasn't surfing anymoreo n his board, I took his longboard for a ride... And it was soooo much fun. Riding a 9"8 log is sooo easy and getting up is effortless. Paddling too with a log is so much better cause the biger and wider your board, the less you have to paddle. The only downside is the speed the board goes and turns: it felt like someone was hitting the slow motion button, after geting used to the lighting fast -motion of my board. I did though get hit on the back of my head so I called quits and decided to just munch on the alluz that I had bought from the Almond-Nutman.

Denny (owner of Surf Camp), Thomas, Alex, Dan


Afterwards we went to The Slab see the pros who, unfortunately, had done with surfing for the day.

PS. Some Arabic vocabulary i've learnt so far (written how it's pronounced):

Shukran - thank you
Afek - please
Aunni - help me
Baraka - stop!
L'Henge - snake
Hatar (H pronounced like chomik and chlopak in Polish) - dangerous
Kebir - Big
La - No
Je - Yes
Aluz - Almonds
Temmint - honey

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti