keskiviikko 5. tammikuuta 2011

On the Road to Agadir


First culture shock: I'm at the bus station and going to the bathroom... Err I guess I don't have to go anymore - there's a hole in the ground instead of white porcelain.


So yeah, we are on the bus with Tom and Sam heading to Agadir. I woke up at like 5 or 6 to the chant of male voices - it's time for their morning prayer I assume. We got up at 6:30 and got ready. Me and Tom went to check out the view from the roof over the city and it was pretty.
It was so strange to see the city still so dark although it's already 6:30. Then I remembered that it's winter and the dusk doesn't swift into daylight until later, where as in Australia it's summer and it's the opposite.


The hotel breakfast consisted of amazingly good freshly squeezed orange juice, these kind of creppes (yum) and pieces of baguette with jam n butter. We also finally had some Moroccan mint tea. AHH. Sooo good. I love it how each of us got their own little metal kettels with tea in them and a tiny glass. So different from drinking tea back home from a normal sized mug with the tea being made from water from a water boiler and a tea bag.



We got some munchies for the 6 hour bus ride from this corner store. I actually remembered some French, hooray for me! "Un croissant sil vois plait" (in a French accent)


Before leaving the hotel we started talking to this Japanease guy. We was pretty chill, he had lived in Sydney and now he was traveling here for a week. He was studying to become a shoe maker and lived in Italy at the moment. I love meeting random people !


So we grabbed our stuff and started walking to the bus station. I was in agony, or my shoulders were at least. Mind you, I'm carrying way too much shit for someone the size of me. I read from the Madventures guide, that you should be carrying no more than 15% of your body weight on you.. Oh great, i'm exceeding that with fuck loads. My backpack, my small backpack AND my board weight all together 30 FUCKING KILOS. That's HALF OF MY FUCKING BODY WEIGHT.......................................................................... I am going to die.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti