torstai 6. tammikuuta 2011

First Day of Surfing


Woke up at 8 without an alarm clock... Felt so relaxed and peaceful. Went to have ?breakfast with the rest of
the gang. There's Me, Tobias & Phil & Matt (England), Tash (England or Ireland?), Olive & Christoff (French), Orsi & Kata (Hungary), Mike (Canada), Laura (Germany) and then there's like 4 people that are renting a car, so they aren't at the camp atm.

Phil, Tom, Tobias n Sam getting ready to head off


We packed the van, 3 groups of us, the beginners (me), intermediates and the pros. Rachid was teaching me, Laura, Orsi, Kata and Mike. We went to Banana spot, the filthy beach just 30 seconds from our camp. Denny, the English guy who owns the camp, suggested that I should take a log (=longboard) so riding my own board was left another day.



I was pretty suprised how I had progressed after not surfing for a month (last time in Byron, jesus) - I caught every wave after the second one! Well "wave"... You know, just the white wash, but the point is, I had got the hang of paddling and stading up. I could also stear my board a bit, but since it was only white wash, it's not like you can go along the wave.



After having sandwiches for lunch, we discovered that the tide was high and the waves too strong fo us so we went back to the camp. I had a bit of an WTF-moment when I went to the third building, walked up the stairs and opened room #10 - my room. Wheeeeere the fuck is my stuff??? Apparently I had been moved to the room next door, since two Italian girls were arriving, so they needed that room that was perfect for two people. I didn't mind though, my new room next door was so much better. The view to the sea was gorgeous!



I washed my wetsuit, relaxe, read my book, tried to update my blog (I was using the wrong WiFi..like everyone else) and watched the esunset with a bunch of people from the terrace. After that I walked with Tom to Banana Village. I had to buy some creme and what not from the pharmacy and Tom had agreed to be my "lord". :D:D (Inside joke..) Btw, Imagine how awkward it is to try to mimic to the marrocan pharmacy girl, whom you share no mutual language, that you want to buy a razor. Oh dear.



Oh, I got a free mini banana from the fruit stall, wheee, something good comes out from being blonde :)(: I also bought a delicious mango for 25DRM. When we returned, the dinner was readyand the setting was so lovely. The tables had been lit up with candles. Orsi, Mike, Kata and Laura had gone out for dinner so it was just me and the intermediate + pro groups. Phil and Sam had to sit in the "children's table" hahaaa.
We were discussing the fact that Christof had seen a 5.6 meter "shark" in Banana Spot around 4pm when Tom, Sam, Phil and Tobias were surfing there. But what it really probably was, was an orka, since the fin was black and too big for a shark. But it had scared the guys enough to not go for a sunset surf (feeding time! hahaa).



ps. Mom, I asked the surf guide and there has been no sharks around here, so fear not.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti