keskiviikko 5. tammikuuta 2011

Arriving to the Surf Resort in Tamraght


After driving through the beautiful Marrakesh and the canyon-like scenery, we arrived at Agadir. There was a taxi driver to pick us up and after tying our board on the roof, we were on our way.



The surf camp was breathtakingly stunning. It is located in Tamraght, on the mountain/hill and faces the raging sea. The architecture of the house is arabic with its bright coloures and square-like figure, and consists of many rooms that are filled with surfers of the camp. There are three houses: the 4-storey main building, the middle block and the second building.


The dining / living room

The main house's first floor supplies an hall, an office, a kitchen and the living area of Momo, the chef. The second floor has a couple of bedrooms, a shower-bathroom, an common room with a WiFi-area and a balcony. The stairs lead to an absolutely astonishing dining / common room where many nights are spent watching surf films and doc-O's. There's also another balcony viewing the sea and an outdoor kitchen where I usually make my tea. The 4th floor is he terrace with a small patio, and it overlooks the whole area. Beautiful sunsets can be viewed from there.


The middle block has 3 bedrooms and a bathroom in it. Tom and Sam stay there. I was placed in the second house next to the middle block. It has probably 2-3 floors, but I've never been anywhere else except my floor that is the home to 3 bedrooms (all of them with double beds), a common area, a bathroom-shower and a never-used kitchen.


Mohammed aka Momo showed us around the house and told us, that there's beer and water bottles in the fridge, and wine in the shelf, and that if we take some, just mark it down, be honest. The camp supplies us with breakfast and a lunch, but if we want to eat dinner at the camp, we have to write our name on the board at the lobby. The dinner costs 100DRM (10€) or 150DRM (15€).


I walked up to the terrace and met Mike the Canadian guy, and Irsa & Kata, the two Bulgarian girls. I watched the sunset with them and had a nice chill time. I was dead tired but thank god I made it to dinner which was at 20:00. It was a nice mix of Moroccan food, salad, bread, a lot of seadoof, couscous... I even had so much courage to try a much dreaded snail....! The last time I ate snails was when I was probably 6-7-years-old, in Finland, and I can say I didn't enjoy these slimmy little bastards that much... This time wasn't any different! At dinner I also met Orsi's nice friend, Laura, who just flew in from Germany :)


(I'm not in the picture)

After dinner I went straight into my room. MY ROOM. It was so strange to sleep all by myself for the first time in three months! I actually thought for a minute that i'll probably hate being by myself, but actually it was nice - the privacy. It was the first time I really got the be alone and gather my thoughts, if not the long bus rides count when I issolate myself from Laura and the rest of the world by not sitting next to Laura and putting my headphones on.

So privacy, loving it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti