maanantai 25. lokakuuta 2010

Setting Goals for Myself

I just set a goal for myself for the first time in my life. You know how people have those "where do you see yourself in five/ten years"? Well not me. Not ever. It just makes me fucking depressed when people try to live their life according to some plan they made. But this trip, no matter how short of a time we've been on the road for, has already unravelled me things about myself. Like my yearning to travel; to see the world and experience the diversities of culture. And the anxiety I get even thinking about having to go back to the rat race.

They say you're young only once, and it is true. You have your whole life to play the white-fence-a-husband-a-couple-of-kids-and-a-dog (except i'm allergic) -dream if thou whilst. You can always go back to school and pursue your career, but you can never go back to being young. I feel highly blessed for not even being 20 and to already be fullfilling one of my long term dreams.

That's why I set a goal for myself today, on the 24th of October 2010:
I, *name*, will go traveling again before i turn 23-years-old.

That gives me 3 years 2 months and 4 days.

Don't worry mom and dad though, I will come back home and apply to an uni.
...you can always take a year off you know...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti