tiistai 23. marraskuuta 2010

Free Accommodation FTW

Surfers Paradise. Hate hate hate the sky scrapers

I woke up at 8:30 to the ringing of my phone. I'm completely drowsy from only 5,5 hours of drunken sleep and trying to make out who I'm talking to. Ben? Who was this from last night?

"Ben from couch surfing. You guys can stay at my house."


SCORE! We had messaged a guy the day before cause we wanted to save some money by getting free accommodation. After sleeping at Tom's we also discovered what we'd missed while sleeping at hostels. It's a totally different experience staying with locals and letting them show you around than meeting the same faces (of foreign backpackers that is) all along the way when traveling down the coast from hostel to hostel. You also do a lot more than just hang around and drink goon with the other backpackers.



We went to the beach near by Tom's house and just when Ben smses me his address I stop. Hedges Avenue looks a bit familiar. Wait what. I AM on Hedges Avenue. Hedges Avenue is the street NEXT TO THE BEACH two streets up from Tom's. sweeeeeeeet.

Anyways

Reece

Now we are at Reece's appartment. The other people that live in this condo had a small party and everyone includin Reece went out except us. I don't mind. It's nicer in this nest anyways. Just eating jellybeans and all of us three writing our journals.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti