perjantai 26. marraskuuta 2010

Arts Factory @ Byron Bay

sry for the bad photo. you don't really get a good picture of this hostel unless you are actually here!


Weird to stay at a hostel you once saw on Finnish tv...!
Arts Factory is probably the most legendary hostels in Australia.
So far I love it. It has so much character in it and it just blends in with hippie Byron Bay with its tree-hugging-atmosphere. Srsly, If you wanna see hippies, come to Byron.



Since Arts Factory is eating half of my day budget, it means we won't be eating out anytime soon.
When we went to Woolies I got my shopping basket stocked up with noodles, various kinds of flavored tuna, pasta sauce and 6 x canned spaghetti (which turned out to be absolutely horrific. I had to throw it in the bin. I don't care if i'm on a tight budget or not, but there's no way I'll eat that shit).
I won't be able to drink the good stuff either (beer & rum n coke, mind you, alcohol is EXPENSIVE here.) so I bought a casket of that infamous and feared Sovereign goon.

lobby ja alareunas joku FLASHPACKER.

Barry & his ridiculous schoolies T..

The evening was so chilax. I was drinking goon with Barry, John and Kevin (=guys from Fraser Island).  The Arts Factory crew had organized this cool event where the people who work at this hostel perform with instruments and stuff. It was amazing just to sit with tons of people in dusk listening to good music. Really enjoyed it.

Note the sitting iguana!



We also went to some clubs and I was hanging out with Jasmine, my bestie back home. Laura and Melanie had a quiet one although they did come out to the club for their free drink. I'm not quite sure how this happened, but I ended up getting a free midnight 3 AM snack (onmonmomn NOODLE BOX) from this Aussie guy, yay! I also had a good conversation with this shuttle driver guy who turned out to be Finnish!



Oh yea, we also put and ad on the notice board about us looking for the 4th person to join our roadtrip.
Sorry if the note sounds a bit prostitute-ish but I was a bit gooned up when I got my creativeness flowing...

click to make it bigger!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti