maanantai 11. heinäkuuta 2011

Samborowo



After taking the train from Gdansk and switching it in iława and Olsztyn,  I finally found myself in Samborowo hugging my grandparents. It had been weird when I drove past the town to Olsztyn (few trains a day stop in actual Samborowo), I had been looking out of the window and saw this bridge on a river with some people on it fishing. "Just like in Samborowo" - But even before I saw the small houses I realized that what I was actually staring at, was Samborowo :D



I can't remember the last time I have been here. It's at least 7 years, because that's when this huuuuge forest, that consists of hundreds of planted trees, was created there  where used to be a field. And I never knew about this forest to this day. Me and my cousins used to have all sorts of games and indian tents but I think it's good, that they now have a forest instead of  another field.



I know for sure, that I wasn't here when I hit puberty, cause I just can't picture myself being at Babcia's & Dzadek's (gramma & granpa's) summer cottage all angsty. I have this slight feeling I might've been in fourth grade the last time i was here, cause I remember, that one summer when I was pretty close to this one Joonas-guy in my class, we were texting and I was in Samborowo.. Random! So yeah, probably was here 9 years ago the last time. Shit. That's a long time. I used to spend so many summers here and I would love it.



Somethings had changed: the gate had been switched, the trees were huge az  (when I was a little girl you could actually see the person standing across the yard from the cottage, but now the whole view is blocked by these big pine trees), the raspberry plantation had been cut down and on the place of the barn was this shed-on with a hammock hanging inside of it.



But although somethings had changed, it seemed like time had stopped in some ways: Everything in Babcia&Dziadek's house was on the same place, they still ate sandwiches for breakfast and supper and also the peaceful atmosphere and calming smell from the pine trees had remained.

It was good to be back.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti