maanantai 25. heinäkuuta 2011

Amsterdam

1st day in Amsterdam, 10.7



I had only been to Amsterdam for a night when we had to do a stop over here with my parents, and the flight got delayed. That was like over ten years ago. So Melanie showed me around :) Amsterdam had a total different feel to it than Berlin: All the houses were very narrow and tall and you could get lost pretty easily, cause everywhere looked the same. But Amsterdam is a very cute city i reckon. Although I do prefer Berlin more - Amsterdam lacks all the art.



We were walking in this park and we saw this guy planking ! It was hilarious. He was laying on the ground with his face turned down and his mates were photographing how people were reacting :D I went to chat to these guys and told them "great planking". We continued to walk to a coffee where we observed the street. Nothing had really changed since Australia - We still went to the pharmacy to buy the same stuff for me (Strepsils - when wouldn't i have a sore throat/lost my voice), I still steped on Mel's feet and she still was scared to death of anything flying (thanks to Magpies) :D Good times.



As we were strolling the street, we saw this cool looking guy playing guitar and singing with his -assumably- cute  girlfriend standing next to him. He had a nice folky sound so we went to chat to him.... An Aussie ! Suprise Suprise ! His girlfriend was from Germany and they were extempore in Amsterdam. He had a band (www.facebook.com/betweenborders) but he was also doing his solo stuff. Gotta check his band out when I get back home :) It's so funny though, when I was in Australia, I mainly hung out with Europeans, on this trip on the other hand - I've only been chatting to Aussies and hanging out with them.  I'm writing this entry 15 days later and I can honestly say, the amount of Europeans I've met can be counted with two hands where as I've made some 25 new friends from Down Under :D



We went back home for a second and left to go to Castricum - Melanie's home town some 40 km away of Amsterdam. I was exhausted. I seriously can't remember when I've felt to worn out. I don't know why I felt like that, but I just thought that my body might betray me if I wouldn't rest. Melanie insisted that I didn't have any time to sleep since I was staying only for such a short time in the Netherlands, and so she dragged me with her. Luckily I realized some water and a quick take away pasta wouldn't hurt and man, did I feel better after that.



The reason we went to Castricum, other than meeting Mel's parents, was that there was this band playing in the tiny square and everyone would gather there to party. Melanie's town was cute and I enjoyed it how almost everyone knew each other. People were having a lot of fun although the minimal beer cost 2 euros (!). I finally got to meet Mel's folks and they were so nice :) They wanted me to come over one day so they could cook me but because of my tight time schedule I told I'd coem visit next summer. I also met Melanie's cool cousin, Anouk, who is going to go to Vietnam to travel by herself ! She was asking me all these questions about traveling and I was trying to be as helpful as I could by telling her some tips. The only thing I remember telling her is to be open minded... Yeah, with that you get pretty much by with everything :)



There as this one annoying girl who kept bugging me about sending me photos of the event to her e-mail. Ok, I will and I understand when you remind me a second time, but srsly, after that showing up randomly like a stalker monkeyto the joint i'm eating at (this really dutchie thing i can't remember) is just creepy and plain annoying. I told her I WOULD SEND THEM but it might take me a while as i am traveling and I have a life also... fucking hell.

 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti