lauantai 30. heinäkuuta 2011

London and UG Rave

First day in london UG RAVE 13.7

The past five days in London... I've totally been violating my blogging, but I guess it's just a sign that i've had too much of a good time to be sitting on the computer. But, I'll try to write as vividly as I recall.



Wednesday - The day I left Amsterdam, I woke up to the sound of my alarm, feeling as if I had been on stand by the whole time, not sleeping. I was still feeling a bit under the weather and sleeping only four hours didn't help the matter at all. I had decided two days prior that I would definetly go to London to see Tom and cause the under water train would’ve cost me _90 euros_ on top of my Interrail ticket, I decided to fly as it was the same price and sooo much more efficient. I made it to the airport and swore to myself that this was the last time i'd rock up the airport with only 45 minutes before they closed the check-in. I had under estimated the que, but thank god I made it, with only 2 minutes left for the check-in to be open. The whole time though, that I was on the plane, I just kept saying to myself ”wtf am I really going to London.. what the hell I must be fucking crazy, wtf sandra”. But i’m glad I did. :)



I arrived to London Stansted airport at 9:30 and proceeded to get my bags and headed out to the arriving hall. By that time it was only thirty minutes that Tom's flight would land, but I knew it would still take him another thirty minutes to get through the customs or what ever. Time passed quickly and when it was 10:40 I started to get a sensation of fluttering butterflies in my tummy. It was nerve wrecking to see the automatic doors open just a couple of seconds before you would actually see who came out carrying his bags. Finally I saw Tom :) He said he didn't think I would actually come to London, and he was happily suprised I did though. I told him, that if anyone of my mates would've seen me now, they would not be suprised cause i'm just crazy like that and I love a bit of an adventure 8)



I was laughing at Tom and calling him a flashpacker the whole way to his uncle's house, cause he was dressed in a fucking _suit_. Such a little confussed backpacker hey.. He told me he only did this that he would get through the customs faster. He hadn't actually brought the suit from his home from Australia but tailor made one in Poland.



When we arrived to Tom's uncle's house his uncle's wife, Karen, was there to greet us. She seemed like a lovely English lady and she was very welcoming. They lived in East Finchley, on the Nothern tube line, and had this amazing, big and modern house with a big yard. I was in total awe.  After a quick nap and some grub, around four o'clock we left to Tom's mates TJ's b-day party. Tj was this Canadian guy Tom had met with his mates in Vang Vieng, Laos a couple of months ago. They were predrinking in a park and it full of people from England and around the world who TJ had met in Vang Vieng and on other trips. It was pretty amazing how many people were there to meet him. I counted some 25 people..... Only from his travels. Pretty sick. There were a few Canadians, some English people, one weird Sweed, a dutchie and so on. I thought of having to arrange something like this too.



I quickly made friend's after shot gunning (a skill everyone should learn) and especially cause I bet Tom time-wise in it ;) haha. People were getting pretty drunk and such and so at 8 everyone packed in cabs and proceeded in the underground venue they had managed to sort out for this rave. First there was a band playing but soon the dutchie, Robbie, started DJ'ing. Everyone was having a good time dancing and doing shots and shit. It would've been a good night unless Tom was so fucking out of it. I was pretty fucking mad at him and there was a lot of drama and so forth and only at 11:30 pm we grabbed a black cab (yeah probs not the best idea especially when you are drunk) back home (although going home was the best idea). It was pretty awkward to wake up Micheal, Tom's uncle, but because he is so laid back he was just laughing when he opened the door to let us in. Thankfully:D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti