torstai 21. heinäkuuta 2011

Berlin's Secrets

Berlin 9.7



I was really excited in going exploring Berlin. It would be just me, my iPod and my camera. It would really be my first real moment alone in Berlin, since I had been spending all of my time here with either the Belgian boys or Tom. So I woke up at 9, got ready and checked out and at 11 left to wonder around the city. I had enough time to walk around, since my train would leave to Amsterdam at 15:36.



I went to Alexanders platz and decided to go a way I had never gone to before and maybe get lost. And man, was I in awe of all the things I found. I could've spent the whole day photographing the beautiful urban art the city had to offer: various tags and a lot of grafiti. I think I really discovered what Berlin was about. Beautiful secret gardens, vast art scene, hidden doors and rabbit holes. It's such a lovely, vast and liberal city that has a mixture of old and modern, that I would really love to live here. And everything is so well desined here... The architecture, city structure and the green, cozy parks.



As I was taking a picture from a distance of this old construction worker sitting at some café, he noticed me and waved. He came to talk to me about photographing and he was telling me how I should take a photo of him standing in front of the bank with his fist clenched. Unwillingly to do so, I told him I only liked to take action shots which to he replied: "Maybe we should shoot an action shot this afternoon". EW WTF, PERVERT. I just bounced. Fucking creep.



Next to the Cinema Café, I had been photographing with the jerk sitting in front of, was a cinema of some sort, and they had e.g "Bansky" written on it so I just had to check it out. But I didin't get very far, cause I was trully amaized with the posters, tags and grafiti people had left in the tunnel... I probably spent an half an hour photographing the art scene of this in yard bar / gallery. It was so fucking amaizing.



I went into this staiway case only to discover an Anne Frank museum I wasn't thrilled to check out. But I noticed the rugged stairway case continued and although I was pretty sure there wouldn't be anything at the top of it, I just had to keep on climbing up. See, I just had this idea in my mind of Berlin having hidden secrets that I might discover if I just looked hard enough. Turns out at the end of the staircase wasn't a rainbow but just someone's door. Oh well.



I was getting hungry after my 1,42€ breakfast so I decided to eat at this CHEAP asian restaurant (2,5€ oh yeaah) and enjoy a German beer, cause I hadn't really been doing that. After the meal and just looking at people I got up and was so incredible happy I was almost thinking of getting my tattoo done here but I just decided get a bracelet or something as a souvenier for myself. I love jewerly but I don't like to buy some if it doesn't have some sort of symbolic meaning or memory to me.



As I was looking for a a place to buy my Berlin-memory from, this random Brazilian guy started talking to me. He was cool. He had been living in Sweden and now was living in Berlin. "I love Berlin, but Germany is shit." :D He has been a professional football player but after his knee got injured, he has just been training people. He gave me his business card and told me to come see him sometime in Berlin and travel with him to Brazil :D



Anyway I bought my anklet from this Argentinian guy at the market place and headed back to my hostel. I met my little Belgian guys there! It was nice to see them before I left :) Told them to remember to "Fuck the system". I had to go online though before leaving, and as I was sitting upstairs on the public computer, this girl ran to me and started saying something rapidly in German. After I explained that I don't speak German, she just blurted: "THEY GUYS DOWNSTAIRS CAN SEE YOUR UNDERWEAR" :D OH FUCKING HELL. "Oh well, we're in Berlin" A random girl sitting next to me said. True, True.



Note to self:
Don't sit like a fucking man, sit like a lady !

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti