maanantai 25. heinäkuuta 2011

Red Light District

Amsterdam 2nd day, 11.7



I was planning on sleeping late but I got up at 11 already.. fml. Blogged a bit (finally) and waited for Marty and Melanie to come back home as I couldn't leave without the keys nor had I a cellphone. When they did come back, we went to the market which had EVERYTHING... Veggies, meat, fish, pastries, clothes, nuts, jewerly etc... We bought some vegetables and meat for our picnic. I also got myself a Stroopstraat, this very thin two sided waffle with toffee in it... love it ! I've had it once in Poland (though it wasn't made on spot) but it was cold and I think I liked it better cause all the flavour was more distinct (: But it was delish!



We went back to the house and Melanie prepared her mushrooms, I made the salad (of course) and Marty grabbed the meat and the portable grill. We walked to the park just next to them -Safari Park if I recall correctly- and set up out picnic. It was nice just to relax in the sun with a couple of beers, some music and a quilt.



Marty and Melanie decided to take me to the Red Light District. I was prepared of being trully shoked. I was actually pretty scared of what I might see - crack whores selling themselves just for the sake of another dose ? I'm pretty sensitive and things like that come to haunt me so I was trying to gather myself to encounter what ever might come on our way. But did I really get shocked - The Red Light District was nothing what I had had in mind... There were no skinny, worn out women in the windows  - some of the girls were actually pretty attractive in the red light. It was a Monday so not all the windows were open but we still managed to wonder around for almost an half an hour. I was in awe. It was just so incredible to think, that this kind of place actually exists on earth. I was actually a bit impressed by the Red Light District, if that doesn't sound too far off.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti