lauantai 31. maaliskuuta 2012

Tall Ship Races - No Berths Available

Photo by Jasmine Färling

-Of course it happened so that the berths aka bunks on the ship ran out before I could reserve mine-

So by the looks of it, I won't be participating in Tall Ship Races this year. My #1 choice was Bark Europa, the Dutch ship, but unfortunately it was booked from the start (probably some company reserved all the spots?). The nice lady emailed me and told me she would keep me posted if a spot would free up for Race 1 - but she emailed me and only spots for 3rd Race :/

Also the Polish ships Dar Mlodieczy and Pogora are booked. I haven't checked into the German Alex Humboldt again, since I'm pretty sure it's of no use AND I'm pretty sure the three weeks on the boat would drive me insane since the the crew is pretty much all-German and I don't speak the language :p (and I know how most of the people will forget to talk English around me when i'm the only international crew member)

Of course there probably are some berths available, but I have some requirements too... I want the ship to be Class A, a full-rigged vessel so that I can do all sorts of monkey business again ! Love rig sailing and climbing <3 Also, I'm only willing to pay 800€ for a spot and want to take part in the FIRST race. So - no spots left for that criteria.

Damn. And I started messaging the ships already in January ! Too bad I didn't reserve a spot (it has to be paid right away) since I was waiting for the response for my internship application from Flow Festival.

Oh well, I think this is kind of exciting ;) Not knowing what the hell you're gonna do in between Rock Werchter and Tomorrowland! I have 3,5 weeks in between and only a slight idea of what I COULD do with that time ;)

Oh how I've missed the sense of adventure and not having everything planned out! ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti