lauantai 3. maaliskuuta 2012

Warszaw's two sides

So these photos are from Sunday night when me and Laura went out with my dad who happened to be in Warsaw on a work trip. I really love Warsaw's protean-ness! It's crazy how much of a ghetto some parts of Warsaw look during the day time. All the grey, concrete and ugly 10-storey apartment houses (just like my relatives' homes!). But during night time it's a complete different story... The city has awaken and become a super modern metropolis with all it's flashy lights and  amazing architecture. I love how contradicting Warsaw is.

I kinda wish I would have some photos from day time Warsaw (like legit, actual Warsaw) so that you could compare how an ugly duckling blooms into a beautiful swan. But here's the night photos any ways:


Culture Palace.  Five years ago when I flew to Poland to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, I had to cry in order for my dad  (he was in Warsaw too) to stop and realize what I meant when I told him "I am scared of heights - I don't want to go to the top of that building  with an elevator." Luckily, I didn't have to go. Today would be a complete different story though - give me heights - I wan't adrenaline !!!

The view from my dad's hotel's room... See the shape that has been formed with the lights !

It was quite hilarious when me and Laura where in my dad's hotel room: "omg look they have SOAP! AND TOWELS!!" "I'm taking all the shampoos and conditioners.. wtf a sewing set!" "Hey I found a notebook  -set, i'm taking it!". We both concluded that it's pretty clear we aren't used to staying in hotel rooms ;D Dirty backpackers.. But, I would choose hostel 99,9% of the time (unless I would like some privacy). Dad wanted to show us the MOVIE theater in Złote Tarasy (shopping centre). The movie theater consists of 3-storeys, a nice lounge/lobby (above), a very exclusive fancy bar and what not. Talk about modern and thinking outside the box..

 Also another thing were Poland is more advanced than Finland (or at least the marketing is way more advanced) - train time tables via Maccas. "Enough time to eat" Sponsored my McDonalds. And this was situated in the metro/train tunnel...  Hotel Mariot Bar with dada.  Who says you can't flashpack a bit if dad's paying : D I would never buy this at home :D

Bombky! If you head to Poland, buy yourself some respectable, beautiful hand-made Christmas balls. They are made of -something breakable - and give a special feel to the Holiday with their un-plastic-like appearance. We have a coupe of BIG AZ ones. We even have a millenium 2000 -ball !

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti