torstai 29. maaliskuuta 2012

Marketing Trainee, Flow Festival



The thing I so secretly talked about a couple weeks back - the internship I applied for.

At first I had no incentive to apply to any internships since I had other plans in mind - first to Rock Werchter (Belgium), 3 weeks of sailing from St. Malo, France to Lisbon, Portugal and then back to Belgium for Tomorrowland festival.

But... Then I got a message from my ex-classmate Laura claiming I HAD TO apply for this position that was screaming my name - the Marketing trainee at Flow Festival.
The pace my heart was racing at and the speed my breath had accelerated to told me I was going to have to make a hard decision - apply to my dream job I have been striving towards to or follow my passion of traveling and take part in the tall ship races I had been thinking about for a couple of years already.

I was laying wade awake that night. Weighting the options. I was sad to admit that I already had different plans - as I already had purchased the Rock Werchter ticket some three weeks ago (probs forgot to mention) and I would just have to let this perfect opportunity slip. I was just on the verge of falling asleep when I sprung up as enlightenment hit me.

The past three years I have been doing things such as organizing parties, travels and even resulted in starting my own event management company. I have been all around the world just for festivals sake - from good ol' Seinäjoki to Gdynia, and Werchter to Lorne. I have experienced and learnt a lot of things about festivals and marketing and my head is full of ideas how things could be developed. Since becoming aware after reading an article that such a profession as an "event manager" exists, creating my OWN festival has been my sole dream.

So why the fuck shouldn't I apply to my dream job?

It's not like I didn't email the exact same company last year asking whether they had some work (the internships had been given out already at that time - on a more miniscule applicant search scale though).

So I decided to do it. To give it a try. What could I lose? Plus. I was their perfect candidate.

The least that could happen was that I wouldn't get in and I could pursue my travel plans. At least I would know that I had TRIED - which I think is all that matters.

Well, I sent them the best application I've ever written but unfortunately I wasn't picked. I don't know what kind of superwoman they are looking for cause my cv and resumée was pretty damn good ( ;) ), but I hope the person they choose really fits the job and appreciates the opportunity :) And, I'm not bitter at all. I'm super happy I tried and content with the result. I mean, I guess in one point they were relatively interested in my application since they emailed me asking for my age (oops.. Can't remember why i've deleted it in the past?) ? So yeah. Better luck next time (:

PLUS.

Now I can go traveling ;)
-Optimisti ei koskaan pety-
*=thank you Kimmo _so_ much for all the proofreading and tips you gave me, means a lot, really :)
Photo property of Kimsu Love 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti