keskiviikko 21. joulukuuta 2011

Nusa Dua

19.12.11 Nusa Dua

I woke up, got dressed, had breakfast and went to the wifi café to update my blog and check out whether Carlos had written to me on Facebook. I had become familiar with Made and the other waiter from the café, and I was happy to see these two Balinese fellows again. They taught me something cool about their names: If you are Balinese and a Hindu, you’ll be name according to this system: If you’re the first born, you’ll be called ”Wayan”, if you’re the second born, you’ll be ”Made”, 3rd ”Nyoman” and 4th ”Ketut”. Then the system starts from the begining again. But only the Balinese Hindus, who don’t belong to the caste. And if I understood correctly (or actually if Made understood my question correctly) also the women use this name system. They all though have ’little names’, just like Made has a little name ”Tulada”.



I hadn’t heard from Carlos so I was a bit bummed. I had no idea how I could bump into him since I didn’t know his number and I had forgotten the name and the way to his hotel. Just then I realized there was I way I could meet him! The Scooter rental place !! We had to return the scooter by 12 o’clock so I could just go there and wait for him there. I looked at the clock – 11:30 – shit, I would have to hurry. So I gathered my stuff, ran to the hotel, packed my shit and checked out. The receptionist told me that someone had tried to call me a half an hour ago... shiiiiiit.



I started running to the scooter place. All the Balinese were looking at me, the crazy westerner running in the alley and trying to offer me transport. I felt like I as in the hot yoga version of running but somehow I ran non stop 2 km although it must’ve been nearly 30 degrees. I knew that there was the chence that Carlos would’ve already returned the bike, but my internal eternal optimist still kept me trying.

Like I had anticipated – Carlos had returned the bike already.



But I knew that there was a chance I still might run into him. Kuta isn’t that big. But the problem was, tha there was really no central hanging out place which I might go and check out incase he’d be there. Hell, for all I knew, he might’ve already left because no sane person would spend any extra time in this hell whole called Kuta. But I knew from previous experiences, that I have this super cool ability of finding the person if I _really_ want to. E.g. twice at a festival If found the one only person I’ve been looking for from a mass of at least 50 000 people. (And this person wasn’t even dressed in an abnormally obtrusive way) It’s just the case of will power ;)



I was walking back to my hotel (I had sent a message in the morning to Carlos to come meet me at my hotel at 3pm because I would be waiting for Jasmine there) and JUST _five seconds_ after giving up hope of finding Carlos and his friend, I saw a pair of familiar sneakers, a board and a fluffy hair-do. CARLOS!


Like I said, the case of will power ;)



We walked back to my hotel with Carlos and Emma (Carlos’ ex-girlfriend from Australia, which probably is a current one now though :D) and they asked me whether I was keen on coming to Bukit Peninsual with them. Fuck yeah ! Get me out of Kuta p-l-e-a-s-e! I was also stoked on traveling with new people, one of the best reasons for traveling by yourself :)



I told them that I had to wait for Jasmine though since I had promised to meet her. She would probably be keen on coming traveling too, and thus everything would be cheaper, too. AND the more the merrier! Since we had 2,5 hours to kill, we decided to look for sunnies for me, eat and sort out a cab. Carlos had to buy patches for his knee which he had fucked up a couple of days ago on the scooter so we went to a pharmacy. When Carlos asked the pharmacist how much a patch cost the girl replied ”25 000” ”each?” ”yes”. Carlos took three and went to pay. ”75 000 thank you” What Carlos did, was try to haggle the price down in the pharmacy 8D ”..can I have these for  50 000?”. Everyone just burst into laughter. It’s not like you can haggle the proce down at a pharmacy! :D



When Jasmine finally arrived at 15 past 4 (her plane had been delayed), our van still wasn’t at the hotel. I was impatient and just asked for the first van driver, who was stuck in traffic in front of our hotel, whether he could take us to Nusa Dua, in Bukit Peninsula. We got this guy, Mario, to drive us to Nusa Dua for 200 000. After leaving our stuff at the cheapest place we could find (100 000ruplahs/night) we set out to explore Nusa Dua. We went to the beach and got heaps of beautiful photographs.



Nusa Dua’s beach was beautiful but it wasn’t real Bali. It was resort Bali. I was quite annoyed that they had nothing else than fancy hotels, massage places and banana boat rental places line up after another. This has nothing to do with Indonesia...



Thankfully we found this alley way restaurant so we didn’t have to eat in the turist rip off ones on the main street. We had some beer and enjoyed our meal in silence (everyone was _starving_). After that we pretty much just passed out back at our hotel.

2 kommenttia: