maanantai 19. joulukuuta 2011

Balangan Beach

18.12.20011



I little video I filmed for you guys (in finnish, soz) in the morning, check it out: !
PS. I accidentally uploaded this to last night's post... Got the videos mixed up.. So if you wanna see last night's REAL video, click here.



So basically, realized, that Jasmine hadn’t gotten on her flight since she was not sleeping on the bed next to me. I decided I needed to go find an Internet café because I knew Jassu would’ve facebooked me ;) So I went to have brekkie (nice to have a GOOD breakfast included for once, instead of the rice crispy cereal brekkies they have at hostel in oz :D) and started talking with this  Aussie man. It was nice to have brekfast with someone and talk about stuff instead of eating alone :) Ps. Tim didn't really look this miserable unlike in this photo :D



So I checked my facebook (yes, jasmine hadn’t got on the plane from korea to bali, and would be here not until Monday 3pm) and read an email from Bahri (!!) the Jakartan man from last night’s dinner, telling me that he had found the kobra blood –shot –restaurant, and that he could take me there. SO STOKED. After the Internet café I decided to check out the sea conditions. I wandered to the beach but FUUUUUUUUUU. THERE WERE NO WAVES. I was in the state of ”hmm what the FUCK will I do today”. So. I guess no surfing for Sandra then!



After talking to these Balinease surfing guys, I left the beach and just decided to just keep wandering around and hoping to bump into backpackers that would be cool enough to hang out with me. I had tried to take a video on the beach but MY CAMERA WOULDN’T TURN ON and for a while I thought I had already managed to fuck up my camera .....before I realized I had just inserted the battery the wrong way... oopsiee ;D



After wondering around aimlessly and walking quite far away, I saw this guy that looked like a traveler. ”Hey, excuse me, do you know where’s the place to be, when it’s raining and there’s no waves? Where is everyone?”.



Carlos was this nice Chilean guy and after he said that he had no idea were everyone was and that he was looking for everyone too (since he was traveling alone as well) he asked me whether I’d want to walk around with him. I was happy anough to do that and to finally have had found another lonely soul backpacker ! hahahaa



We just wondered around in the sun (the rain clouds had finally pissed off! <3) talking about all the usual traveling stuff and we decided to go to a beer garden. As we were trying to find one, Carlos asked me whether I wanted to check Balangan Beach out and _GO SURF_. He had been there the day before, as he had been killing 4 days already while waiting for his friend to arrive. Needless to say,we ditched the idea of cold beer and went to rent a scooter from the guy Carlos had rented it the day before.



We paid 3,5€ each for a days rent on the bike and headed off to my hostel. I had to get e.g. sun screen but things didn’t go as smoothly as planned, since we got lost trying to find our way back to the main street :D I think we were driving around for at least an hour before reaching my Mastapa Hotel.. There was also the fact that Carlos was trying to not bump into the cops since his Driver’s License was back at his hotel room!



After getting my stuff and his surf board we were on our way ! It was soooo nice to be sitting at the back of the scooter and what made me even more jolly was when it started to rain a bit as we were accelerating up the hill : D I was just laughing and loving every moment of it!



It’s amazing how the course of my day turned 180 degrees after meeting Carlos! I had thought that it would be a shit day doing nothing an wasting time in Kuta, because there were no waves and I was alone AND my hotel isn't the one where to meet people. If the surf's dead, there’s nothing to do in Kuta (you should see this place... There’s nothing more than k-marts, restaurants and heaps of clothing stores...) . I was  so sure I would end up just killing time :/ BUT THANK GOD I MET CARLOS!
Soz, forgot to photoshop my tan in...

Because I don’t have a driver’s license and I’m too much of a pussy, I don’t feel comfortable enough renting a (motor)bike. What if the police stops me? (ok I can always pay them) But what if something happens? I have no driving experience what-so-ever, my reflexes are shit and the traffic and amount of bikes here are crazy ! So renting a bike and driving by myself is not an option i’d be willing to take :D



But how good of a day did we have !



Balangan was BEAUTIFUL ! Although we were pretty sad with the fact of Balinese destroying the nature with the villas, hotels and resorts they are bulding :/ They also don’t seem to be that concerned about trashing the nature.. But the surf ws so gooooood. I rented a board for 100 000 rupihas for two hours (they had monopoly over board renting so I couldn’t really haggle the price down) and ran into the water. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO BE BACK IN THE SEA. Five months of not surfing had made me ITCH to get back in the water :]



I was surfing with a 7”6 long board and managed to do pretty well so I’m happy with that! One day... one day i’ll surf a short board! Also I realized that the programme i had asked my gym personel to make me to srenghten my arm muscles (to help me out with surfing) has had an effect ! I could paddle way more and not get tired... oh gosh I am sooo happy :) !



I had a really nice time with Carlos: We bought lunch and ate it in a shack overlooking the sea. Carlos would’ve wanted fried rice instead of noodles but because the restaurant was out of rice, he had to settle for noodles. Hahahahahah I can only imagine how sick he is of noodles after staying one year in Australia (working holiday visa)... .BEEN THERE DONE THAT! ;) We got some bintangs too and enjoyed life. Sooo good. We also had this dicussion about surfing and sharks, surprise there :D



After lunch we made our way up the hill and sat on this cliff to watch the beach break and the sun. This made me hope even more that I would’ve brought my Nikon with me. Next time i’ll bring it no matter what! It was so picturesque that I almost felt pissed off for not taking my good camera... You can’t do shit with a digital camera and a beautiful view..



As we were talkign and listening to the calming sound of the ocean (and I noticed i had burnt my face, my legs and my arms... shiiit) Carlos suggested, that maybe we should travel together. He was about to go get his ex from the airport (joo sanonko mitä... mun tuuria?? :D:D) and she was about to stay here with him for 10 days (Carlos on the other hand is staying in Indonesia for 30 days) so probs after that. Since we share the same interest (surf surf surf) it would be cool to wander around with him. I might’ve laughed A BIT when he told me his ex doens’t surf.. .haahahahahahaaaa good luck making her stay on the beach for 10 days as you surf!!! At least i’d be bored of not doing anything else but lying on the sand by that time... Just like in Airlie Beach hey... ;)



Carlos told me that at least New Years we should spend together and that would be cool :) I know i’ll be with Jasmine then so the more the merrier :)



As we were driving back to Kuta (unfortunately) I was pure smiles. The sun was beginning to set (SOO BEAUTIFUL, WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T I TAKE MY CAMERA) and the light was all pink and violet... It was magical...



He dropped me off at my hotel and said he had to go to get his ex from the airport but that he’d call me to my hotel (since we were planning to go out). Later on that night I was sooo knackered that I just decided i’d go to bed as it was already 2 hours after Carlos’s ex had arrived at the airport and I hadn’t heard from him.





Just as I was brushing my teeth I heard this weird sound. I was so knackered that it took me a while to realize it was the phone! I answered it with toothpaste foam in my mouth. As Carlos was calling from his Aussie phone from Indonesia to a hotel phone, the reception was really bad and I couldn’t really hear what he was saying :/ So, phone call for nothing. I just passed out on my bed and figured i’d see them tomorrow.

2 kommenttia: