torstai 15. joulukuuta 2011

BALI, BITCHES



I was supposed to make a post about this MONTHS ago but due to the lack of time thanks to school and all those annoying post-entries I "had" to still write about my Interrail (from now on no more post-blogging, its so freaking boooring since the things couldn't be any less irrelevant) i'll make my announcement now.....

I'M GOING TO BALI !!!


...And, i'm leaving tomorrow.

Yeah. So unlike me to leave all this froffin' to the last minute ;)



Anyhoo, so I'm going by myself BUT one of my besties, lovely Jasmine is also making her way to the other side of the planet on the same day, with a different plane though.

The plan is to travel by myself (CAUSE YOU GET SO MUCH MORE OUT OF IT) but we'll stay in the same hostel the two first nights and we'll get together on Chrissie (24.12 NOT 25.12 ;) ), my b-day (28.12) and NEW YEAAAARS. Couldn't think of a better company to spend all those crazy party nights with, right Jassu? ;)

I've have some sweeeeet news concerning almost everything (i'm loving my life SO MUCH right now. We're are clearly experiencing a "Boom" in the Sandra Life Cycle (SLC)) + my insurance BUT i'll talk about that later. What I am going to write about however, was a drawback I had.

So mom got my malaria pills for me, since I was in  such a hurry. Something my new doctor had forgotten to mention to me: the fucking _immense_ list of SIDE EFFECTS of Lariam... Here's just a taste: insomnia, nightmares, rash, paranoia, hallucinations, anxiety, panic attacks, depression & suicidal thoughts...just to name a few. So, fun stuff hey. The best part is, that these symptoms won't stop just after you stop taking the pill - if you are to experience any symptoms - Oh no, the med stays in your body for _3 months_. So yey, three months of anxiety? oh yes please.

Don't wanna be all like "FEAR AND LOATHING IN BALI" (photo: Jasmine Färling)

I decided to not eat the pill just because I have a tendency towards e.g. panic attacks so... :) I know better not to. Also another doctor I called to was like "mm yeah.. your new doctor probs didn't know this about you, but yeah, in this case, I recommend you to not take Lariam." So I asked what the price for the only-headaches/nausea-causing-malaria-pill would cost. Oh, 240€? ...alrighty.

So. I have a fucking dilemma. Really don't feel like paying that amount of money just because only the _one_ little tiniest island i'm going to visit, the Gili Islands, has some fucking mozzies that might carry the disease. In Bali there's really no risk of catching the disease. But then again... I don't wanna die ??? I still have so many places I wanna see and so many things I wanna... AH FUCK MY LIFE.



 

 

SO. I should make the decision in like hmmmm 2 hours? :):):) That's when my health clinic closes and where my prescription will will be left at.. so yeah, fun times.

K I gotta do some last minute school stuff but I'll probs post like two or three more entries tonight because I have so much things to talk about !

2 kommenttia: