keskiviikko 15. joulukuuta 2010

Road Trip: Day 9 - Fail attempt to go to Wolfe Creek, & Ellery Creek



I woke up STOKED for Wolfe Creek !!! We were about to drive there, camp there, and watch the infamous backpacker murdering movie.



Before heading to our deaths, we did have a few errands to run.
We had to get some propane, rent the movie and charge my laptop and our iPods at lovely little Maccas. We only managed to do one of these: get the propane. You have to have an account to rent movies, so that didn't work out. Also the McDonalds charging episode failed: we bought the standard McFlurry and McDoubble and sat down to use the WiFi on my laptop. We also plugged in Laura's and Dominic's camera chargers and my extension chord that had both my camera chargers and my laptop with 3 iPods connected to it. So a lot of stuff.



Then this lady that had been sitting next to us, walks past us and says: "Don't use the pluggs, they aren't working". We point at the green lights on our devices and tell her they are working perfectly fine.



Then she walks past the Maccas counter and SWITCHES the electricity OFF. What the FUCK.
Dominic tries to use his usual charm and goes to talk to her. After 5 minutes of failed persuading Dominic comes back and says that the lady told him that they aren't a charity and that electricity is expensive. MY ASS. First of all, we are paying customers! I don't care if we only spent $5 but still (apparently that's what the lady had said "come on, only $5"), we have payed to have the right to use the WiFi and therefore also the socket for my laptop.
Fucking cunt.




Of course the whole day was bound to fail: Melanie noticed that half, 200 K, of the road to Wolfe Creek was unceiled... And we had a fucking mini van. I refused to accept this and pouted and tried to get my way: "come on lets even try.... MAN, can you just drive me to the begin of the unceiled road so I'll walk there by myself?! Fuck, I'll even hitch hike! (Krhm, Wolf Creek anybody?)" "Good luck with that."



It was only when we went to the tourist inormation centre that I accepted that we really couldn't be able to drive to the massive meteor crater. The road is in a truely poor condition atm because there's been floods, so even if you had a 4WD the road would be a bitch.



I was so depressed that I insisted on buying jellybeans so we went to Target. My depression soon fled when we got a hand on Justin Bieber's autobiography ("J-Beebz, Beebz, 'Single and ready to mingle.' "). Srsly, how can a 16-year-old have such a thick autobiography??



Because it was a DESCENT 41 degrees celcius the cool tourist info woman told us to drive to Eghlerie Gorge. So we did (and drove 50 K back and forth the wrong direction). Me, Dom and Melanie had a sweet rave to Prodigy and DnB while Laura was sleeping. Sandra + the speed of (someone else) driving + good music + beer = the ultimate formula to get tipsydrunk in 30 minutes.

Ellery Creek

The campsite was $3,3/person, but since there was no authorities nor rangers what so ever, we decided to skip paying the fee and had a swim instead. Eghlerie Gorge was a beautiful secluded spot and we truly enjoyed it. We had some delicious Alfreido sauce and pasta for dinner that Dom prepared and met our neighbours. It was a young French couple celebrating their 1st anniversary and a French pensioner couple, who had traveled the world for the _past 7 years_ with their sailing boat (of course taking time off to do road trips in the middle of Australia and what not). So inspiring. We also talked with this old Aussie man who was traveling alone. Good night expect for the fact that me and Melanie woke up in the middle of the night  cause we were sweating so much. Friggin' forty degrees.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti