torstai 4. elokuuta 2011

A Backpacker Will Always Find A Way

19.7 Arriving in Salou, Spain



Arriving in Salou, Spain was just like I had expected - a bit of an adventure but nothing a backpacker couldn't get through. I didn't have a map, a clue where Salou was or how to get there from Reus’ airport nor any idea whether anyone (Mia or her family that is) would be home. But a backpacker will always find a way.

So I got off the plane and hurried to the bus as all the other people were hopping on cabs. I was so proud that I managed to sort out instructions how to get to Mia's address by asking the bus driver with my basic Spanish I hadn't used since my senior year in high school. When I hopped off the bus and found the street Mia was supposedly living on with her family, I started laughing with failure. Just as I had suspected - the apartment buildings were huge and consist of many many flats so there was no way you could go knocking on each door trying to find the right door. I had of course been given only the address and the buildings number, but no info what so ever on which apartment it would be :D

I also realized that there would be no way of getting in the actual yard since all the buildings were surrounded by gates that you needed a key to. I decided to ignore the problem and just call George (cause Mia's phone didn't work) when I would find the right building. Just then I saw a man sitting in a car, and just as I wondered wtf he was doing there alone sitting in the dark in the middle in a car- a girl's head came up from his lap. Oh how awkward, road head, i'm outta here! :D Walk passed the car and tried not to laugh.

I was lucky though, as soon as I arrived infront of the right apartment building, some people that were staying there were about to enter the gates and they let me inside too ! Karma was feeling a bit generous as turned out that the couple knew exactly whom I was looking for since they were neighbours from across the O'Shea family's door ! Just as I had thought, no one was home. So I finally called George who was in Barcelona but he was such a babe that he called Mia's mom, Nina, to let her know I was infront of their door. I sat there, in the hallway, on my backpack flicking the lights on every minute or two just so I could keep on reading the book Tom gave me (The Marching Powder by Rusty Young). I only waited like 5-10 minutes but I was so happy to see Greg and Nina come up the stairs and ran to hug them. They fed me as I waited for Mia and Dan. I was so excited to see Mia but the poor thing was sick so we decided to go to bed straight away and catch up tomorrow.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti