maanantai 21. marraskuuta 2011

Lisbon, Portugal

Lisbon, Portugal 26.7






Today was such a big hassle day.



So I wake up in Lissabon just when the cute Swedish guy sitting next to me was getting up. It was around 10ish and our train had just arrived in Portugal. I said bye Erik who hurried to the sunny outdoors. I started packing my stuff up and then I noticed that Erik had forgotten the cap, that he had been wearing, on his seat. I grabbed the cap with me so that I could give it to him in case i would still bump into him but unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen.



I had no clue how to get to my hostel or were it was (I was doing this in my bulletproof adventure way yet again: just write down the address of the place and you'll end up there somehow) so I kept just asking ppl in Spannish how to get to the part of town where my hostel was. This guy told me to get on the bus so I did so and kept my eyes open for my stop. I arrived at my hostel around 12ish and they told me that if I waited around an hour I would be able to check in. Well my room wasn’t ready after an hours wait so I left to the train station to sort my ticket out. I was kinda bummed I hadn’t realized to do it as I already had been at the train staion when arriving via train that morning.



So I hoped on the bus and asked if the drived could tell me to get off at the right stop. As I was watching the scenery pass and the bus stop names change, I got this feeling that this one stop was my stop but because the bus driver didn’t tell me anything, I didn’t get off. It was not until we drive on to a ramp that I went up to the driver to ask about my stop. I found out hat I HAD been right about my stop, and I had missed it... The driver told me that there would be another train station stop in 20 minutes so I just went back into sitting and watching the landscape.



When I finally arrived at the train station, I had to kill another 30 minutes in order for the international departure office to open up.. When the thing eventually opened up and it as my turn, it took me like 40 minutes to sort my train  out :D  Usually it takes you a minute... Anyhoo, it had been super easy booking my way out of Lisbon: the Lisbon – Madrid train for Friday BUT the way Madrid – Paris = everything booked. I’ve never been to Paris but I must say I’m not that excited anyways about it, I just wanted to get to Paris because I have to get to Brussels so I can fly back home... So it’s on the way home and the place where I need to go in order to make international connections out of France.



I had been standing in like with two Swedish girls who told me they were going from Hembaye, border of France, to Paris, so I decided to give it a try. The booking person could only book me from Madrid to Irún but he told me that the next station was really close –  only a five minute walk away from Hembaye station. I would arrive in the middle of the night so I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to get a train to Paris, or where I’ll be sleeping that night... but I decided to book the train anyways as there were no other options for me.



So I returned to my hostel and was fianlly able to check in. Took that well needed shower <3 I was in the bathroom were the showers are and I met this girl Lien from Belgium. I asked her whether she knew where to find a super market. Se was really nice and traveling by herself too. So I walked to the super market (I don’t get it how people say it was ”far away”, come on, a 10 minute walk? And who wouldn’t like to walk in a foreign country and see more stuff...!) and I was so amaized how cheap everything was !!!! I even took a picture of the groceries I did for 12 euros 8D Bought a bottle of red for myself and cooked up some salad for dinner. I made so much of it and had like 3 portions which after I was super bloated of :D



I was sitting ouside with Lien, eating, and we decided to go walking. Because she needed something out of the store we walked there again and I bought some readymade Sangría. Gotta love San Juan. ;) We walked up to this castle and because the sun was setting I was a bit camera happy ! We randomly bumped into Lien’s uncle ?!? Small world much? Anyway, we were just sitting and drinking Sangría and enjoying life :) She told me about this time she got high with her mate and then they found some bubble wrap from the trash can which they then took and got this brillian idea of selling it... ”Selling fun” they called it :D I mean who wouldn’t love bubble wrap?! Anyhoo, people were really getting into the bubble wrap thing as they were trying to make everyone they passed on the street to purchase it. Eventually they got bored and just started throwing the bubble wrap all over the street and then the police got a bit interested in who was trashing the streets and –being high- they got super freaked out and ran away and then paranoia hit in and they were hiding inside with the curtains closed 8D Alrighty. But yeah cool, love people who can just make fun out of nothing...such as bubble wrap!



We also went to walk on the promenade or what ever you call it. I took pictures of the beautiful ”25 de Abril” -bridge that lead up to the peninsula. The bridge looked exactly like the Golden Gate and it actually WAS designed by the same company that constructed the Oackland Bay bridge in San Fran but not the Golden Gate (as someone told me) Wikipedia says.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti